The Computer Supported Telecommunications Applications (CSTA) is a standardized ECMA protocol that enables third-party applications to control all OmniPCX Enterprise devices.
The CSTA protocol enables information exchanges to initiate services: monitor and control calls and devices; set and query features; route calls; send and receive data.
- Supports CSTA Phase 1 and 2:
- Switching function services (answer call, clear call, conference call, divert call, etc.)
- Status reporting services (monitor start/stop, snapshot call, etc.)
- Computing function services (RSI)
- Input/output services (fast data)
- Voice unit services (record message)
- Bi-directional services (escape, system status)
- Explicit monitoring of all devices
- CSTA application correlator data is fully supported
- Use of private information in events and services
- Alcatel-Lucent adds value through CSTA private information (events and services)
- Powerful associated tools to observe system behavior, supervise system security, trace and log communication links
- Uses a low–cost, high-bandwidth Ethernet connection
- Core component for any Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) solution, whatever the protocol used: TAPI, TSAPI, XML, etc.